Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission conforms to the basic requirements of a research article in the Anglophone system, i.e. it includes a clearly articulated research question; it situates the research in the wider field by engaging in depth with existing literature; it explains which gap in the existing literature the submission fills; it explains the methodology of the research; and it argues a point which is built throughout the article and is captured in a conclusion.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided, links have been checked for validity and are included as a hyperlink (not as plain text) in the word document.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; uses italics for subheadings rather than underlining; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- An appropriate illustration is required for the article page. Where images are included as part of the article, the editors will choose an appropriate one for the article landing page. If no image is included as part of the article, authors are required to provide one as a separate file as part of their submission.
- We ask that submitters to the journal join the British Association for Chinese Studies whose financial support enables the journal's platinum open access service. Please confirm your membership in your submission cover letters to the editors. For more on BACS membership, please see here http://bacsuk.org.uk/about-us/membership
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.